Designed by Kubota & Bachmann architects of "Urban Composition" Master plan Niderfeld for Dietikon, Switzerland won the 2013 edition,
The Green Good Design
The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies and The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design have joined forces on two continents to present an innovative and challenging new public program: GREEN GOOD DESIGN.
GOOD DESIGN™ was founded in Chicago in 1950 by Eero Saarinen, Charles and Ray Eames, and Edgar Kaufmann, Jr. to promote and foster a greater public understanding and acceptance for Modern Design. In 2014, seven decades later, this new edition of GOOD DESIGN™ aims to bring a parallel public appreciation and awareness for an equally revolutionary design approach-a new design thinking led by a current generation of visionary architects, designers, urban planners, corporations, governments, individuals, and private and public institutions for a design and a public environment based upon the ideals of energy conservation; the reduction of toxic waste and greenhouse gases; the diminishing dependence on fossil fuels; and a sensitivity for waste, pollution, and the depletion of the world's energy resources. This new design approach centers on the idea of repairing our worldwide environments with sustainability and for total ecological restoration.